A message from the Headteacher
Dear Parents and Carers
Happy Easter! Thank you for all your help and support during what has undoubtedly been a challenging term for us all. It has been wonderful to have the children back in school for the past four weeks but I know that they (and the staff) are all looking forward to a well-earned rest. Let’s hope that we have some good weather as restrictions are relaxed and we are able to meet friends and family outdoors in some sunshine.
Positive Covid Case Reporting Over the Easter Holiday
Please remember the importance of accessing a test for your child if they are showing any of the classic three symptoms of coronavirus or any of the diffuse symptoms that Public Health have highlighted: loss of appetite, extreme tiredness, headaches, joint pain or muscle ache, nausea, sore throat, sneezing, diarrhoea, vomiting, runny nose or congestion.
It is vital that you let us know of any positive results so that we can identify anyone who needs to self- isolate.
Easter Eggs and Bonnets
Well done to everyone who took part in our annual Easter Bonnet and Egg Decorating Event. A virtual parade and gallery is available on the school website for everyone to see - https://theridge.sch.life/Page/Category/easter-2021-2 Congratulations to the winners – such a difficult decision!
We recognise what a difficult year it has been for everyone. We want to say a huge “Thank you” to Ridge Friends who have bought all of our children an Easter Egg (which is a little larger than the usual chocolate gift!) to bring some extra cheer to all the children as we break up.
Parent Governor Election
Thank you to Jennie Gough, Phil Roberts and Sallyann Tyler who stood in our recent parent governor election. Thank you too, to all of you who voted. Congratulations to Mr Roberts who was elected.
One or two reminders for when we return after the Easter break.
- School Lunches – we will be returning to a full dining service for Key Stage 2 as well as Key Stage 1 and Reception. However, this will be on a rota with alternate weeks when the children can have a hot meal and weeks when they will have packed lunches. In week commencing 19th April, Years 3 and 5 have the option of hot meals, which can be ordered on the day (£2.40). For Reception and Key Stage 1, arrangements will continue as they are currently operating.
- Follow this link to view the full menu - https://theridge.sch.life/page/detail/lunch-menu-summer-term-2021
- Uniform – with retail opening up, after Easter we would like to see a return to our uniform expectations. Children can still wear their PE kit or outdoor clothing on days when there is PE or Forest School but on other days, they should be in uniform, (either summer or winter) including appropriate shoes. A reminder of our uniform can be found on the website on the ‘Our School’ tab. Thank you for your support.
- Please remember that school will be closed on the following dates :-
- Monday 3rd May (Bank Holiday)
- Thursday 6th May (Remote Learning as the school will be used for voting)
In addition, we have two remaining staff training days in June. These will not be remote learning days as they are additional days worked by staff only. We will confirm the dates of these after the break.
It has been wonderful to hear your positive response to Forest School starting here after Easter. Thank you to those of you who have contacted us to offer your help on Monday 19th April. We will start at 9.30am. If you can bring any tools such as secateurs, shears or loppers, that would be great and don’t forget gardening gloves and long sleeves! Thank you so much for volunteering. We have also had offers of pallets, which is fabulous. These can be dropped off at any time during school hours.
A final request for Forest School – if anyone has any metal cooking pots and pans (not plastic) they no longer need, these would be ideal for the mud kitchen we are going to build.
I hope that you have a wonderful Easter with your families, have fun and stay safe. We look forward to seeing you all back on Monday 19th April.
Mrs D Hudson