A message from the Headteacher
Dear Parents and Carers,
We have had another good week in school and the children continue to amaze us with their resilience and adaptability as they have returned to learning in their classrooms. They have especially enjoyed wearing something funny for Comic Relief today and we want to thank you for supporting this charity fundraiser. A total of £196 has been donated. We hope that you enjoy the photos on the website! - https://theridge.sch.life/Page/Blog
We have also been focusing on the census in school this week and all classes have taken part in’ Let’s Count Activities’ to help them understand the importance of this once in a decade event. Maybe you could build on their learning in school by encouraging your child to help you complete your household return this weekend.
Click here to view the activities our students carried out - https://theridge.sch.life/Page/Detail/census-day-sunday-21st-march-2021
This week we have sent out some important information, which you can find on our website. These relate to:
· A confirmed case of Covid-19 in the school community
· Testing for the extended symptoms of Covid-19
Please make sure that you have seen these: it is especially important that you understand about the request for Covid testing if your child is showing any of the extended symptoms. Please contact the school office if you are having difficulty accessing any of the information.
Can you help us?
· During the summer of 2019, the building that was previously the caretaker’s bungalow was refurbished to provide a wonderful new facility for the school. The space includes a large kitchen, which can be used to deliver Cooking in the Curriculum, a training space for delivering training to our own staff but also for delivering courses for people from other schools, a break out area and accessible toilets. In time to come, we want to develop the garden as an area where we can grow fruit and vegetables and link it to the area of woodland next to it for forest school activities. We are very excited by this development and it is unfortunate that the pandemic has meant that the building has not yet been used as much as we would have hoped. However, we are keen to give our new space a name to reflect its purpose, rather than just referring to it as ‘the bungalow’. We would love to hear your ideas for a name so please drop us an email at email@example.com with your suggestions.
· We have been given a 6ft x 4ft shed, which we want to use as we develop the wooded area behind the bungalow. However, we need to transport it from an address in Wollaston up to school. (It is already dismantled). Is there anyone who might be able to help us with access to a van or other suitable vehicle? Please contact the school office if you can help.
Break the Rules Day – Thursday 1st April
Following the success of our “Break the Rules Day” last year, The Ridge Friends would like to invite all children at The Ridge to break some rules for the day again! Children can choose to break up to four rules. The ‘fine’ for each rule broken will be 50p.
· Crazy hair and/or accessories
· Bring a cuddly toy
· Wear a hat
· Wear nail varnish
· Be known by a different name (footballer, YouTuber, pop star etc.)
· Wear novelty glasses
We aim to make this a fun experience, whilst remembering that all other school rules still apply!
Your child will be given a slip nearer the time on which to indicate the rule(s) they wish to break. Please return it with the donation, in a named envelope, by Tuesday 30th March.
Thank you for your continued support, especially during this time when it is so difficult to raise funds for school.
Please remember that we close early on the last day of term – Thursday 1st April 2021.
· Reception 1.25 – 1.35 pm
· Years 1 and 2 1.40 pm
· Years 3 and 5 1.50 pm
· Years 4 and 6 2.00 pm
Finally, just to give you advanced warning that it is very likely that the school will be used as a polling station for the elections on Thursday 6th May. On this date, the children will be required to learn remotely at home.
I hope that you have a good weekend.
Mrs D Hudson