Dear Parents & Carers
I hope that you have had a good weekend and have been able to enjoy the snow with your families. Although I love the snow, I am hugely aware of the impact that it can have on the operation of school and even more so, when we are running within the constraints of COVID.
We will be watching the weather carefully over the next few hours and will be doing all that we can to be open for the children of key workers in the morning. However, we are reliant on staff being able to get in, some of who, have to travel a distance. Unlike more ‘normal’ times, we are unable to mix bubbles and put groups together until there are sufficient adults to supervise the children. With this in mind, I would ask you to make contingency plans in case we are unable to open.
In any case, there will be no OSCAR provision and school will not open to any children until 9.30am. This will give us the best chance to get staff on site. If we make an earlier decision that it is not safe to open, we will contact you as soon as we possibly can to let you know.
I understand that this is yet another challenge for us all and I thank you for your patience and understanding during these difficult times.
Mrs D Hudson